Been some time since I wrote in this blog. Sorry. :(
My time has been spent on different projects, family, writing, and job searching.
- Monitoring turtle crossing at the Cheshire Reservoir for TurtleZone.
- Researching material for book series.
- Writing the second book of the Gray Locke series.
- Keeping Off-world News & @OffWorldNews up-to-date.
- Working on lyrics to music, (in spare time/recreation)
- Finished reading a book, "American Gods: A Novel," by Neil Gaiman. (Excellent book!)
- Continuing to update the Natural Bridge State Park Facebook page.
- Coordinating the Marlborough Historical Societies' Facebook page.
- Added more to the Triple-Helix Space Colony Facebook page.
- Etc, etc, etc.
Regarding the second book, the writing is coming along with the second book. However, the process is taking longer than I anticipated. I see - at least - another month and a half before it is finished.
Have an idea of who I'd like to use as the model for a character for use in the illustrations. However, her management hasn't gotten back to me. But, I have an idea. ;)
The second book of the series has been re-titled. It is now titled, The Witch of Clover Hill. It is one story, (rather than the intended four short stories). It is coming along, but I still have much work to do with it. It's already now twice the size of The Mystery of the Weeping Rocks, (over 33,000 words). I'm really excited about it and can't wait to share the stories with you. :)
I created a Gray Locke merchandise page on the Gray Locke website. The stock is very limited. It includes autographed copies of the book, bookmarker, and a puzzle. Also featured on the website is the Gray Locke Puzzle for the computer as an FREE download. It's all on the Gray Locke Gift Closet page. (Grab it while supplies last! Because, who knows ... if the series takes off, it'll be a collector's item - most sought after.)
I'll be sure to keep you updated on the progress of the second book.