Sunday, April 15, 2012

Write Away


"Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer."

- Letter Four from Letters to a Young Poet by Ranier Maria Rilke



It has been a productive March this year. Among the highlights was the website rebuilding. The following websites had a major overhaul; Thomas Shields Clarke, Monument Square, and KippleZone. I also worked on the TurtleZone website, but I'm still not one-hundred percent happy with it. Also, the Gray Locke website needs a lot of help as well. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that one.

I've also been releasing a song each month this year from the MEMORIA Blade Runner Rock archives, (to mark the 30th Anniversary of the release of the movie Blade Runner). And it appears that the month of May will be the last month a track will be released. There are a few other songs, but they need re-tweaking. And, unfortunately, that is out of my hands. 

I finished the second installment of the DADoES/Blade Runner fanfiction story, titled Awaiting Dawn. I am very happy how the story turned out. More time and effort could have been spent on it -- it could have become a novel, I have so much more of the story unpublished. But, being fanfiction, I really can't invest any more time than I already have with it.

As I wound down from the world of DADoES/Blade Runner, I put those notes away and pulled out the next project.

Work has begun on the next project -- the third book of the Gray Locke series. And, at the same time, I'm taking notes and so forth for the fourth. The past couple weeks has been a bit of a struggle for me ... writing, but we'll make it through.    

I'm really excited to be back at work on the Gray Locke series. I get to flesh out the relationship between Gray and Alexandra as they develop and grow. And I get to introduce them to two new friends who moved in next door at his Grandma and Grandpa Windsor's home in Western Massachusetts. And then there's the fourth story! In that story, the reader is returned back to Gray's hometown, Marlborough, Massachusetts -- returning to Doug and Kevin ... and Mandy?

The best is still yet to come!


Thrive!

~ Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment